Monday, July 16, 2018

The dirty ingredient revealed (plus our new product is here)

So, last week I shared that I found a "dirty" ingredient…

An ingredient that was personally giving me a tremendous headache to source at my company Truvani.

The worst part?

This ingredient was important. It's one of the MAIN ingredients in Truvani's newest product (which I am also announcing today).

It was so strange, too. It was a common ingredient found in similar products. But none of the suppliers I reached out to lived up to the Truvani Standard.

The biggest problem?

Lead contamination.

So, I did something crazy. I independently tested similar products. Specifically products without a warning label.

You see, when a product is contaminated by heavy metals, you are required to include a warning label in California. So, I wanted to test products that were supposedly "clean."

And that's when I discovered that one popular brand had no warning label on their product… but STILL TESTED 22X HIGHER THAN THE PROP 65 LEAD LIMIT.

I was enraged, but it gave me the energy to keep searching for a clean source for this ingredient. And, after searching the Earth… literally… I found a unique source that made it all possible.

What was the product? And what was the ingredient?

I share everything on this page right here.

Xo,

Vani

P.S. I also share why I started working on this product in the first place. You can hear about that weird, disgusting story, too. All I have to say is that I never set out to create my own product line, but I got sick and tired of playing "whack a mole" with these big companies. The world needs a company that actually cares about the products they create. And even though it means I have to be careful in some ways, it also means I can start hitting these companies where it hurts the most… their bottom line.

 

 

 



P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, you can update your preferences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment