Monday, July 30, 2018

So hard to resist

Don't judge me, but I'm snacking on a cookie while writing this email. Granted, it's a homemade organic cookie… but it's still made with sugar. It's just soooo hard to resist!

Does this sound like something you'd say?

"I am a sugar addict. Can't seem to resist even though I know that it will make me sick and fat, especially when I am feeling low or stressed."

"I have a sweet tooth and have trouble staying consistent and steady on my path to success."  

"I need help REALLY cutting out sugar. It is the hidden sugar that is problematic for me. I try to make most things my family eats from scratch but it is unrealistic all of the time. That's it for me!"

These are actual emails I've received. Can you relate? I sure can…

I'm human, just like you, and I love sweets. I've learned how to get my sugar cravings under control, but for most of my life, I was addicted to sugar. As a result, my health suffered a lot too. My teeth were awful, my skin was a mess, my body was inflamed, my energy was low and I was overweight.

It's no wonder, as a 2007 study found sugar more addictive than cocaine.

Sugar skyrockets dopamine levels in your brain… giving us intense feelings of pleasure and happiness.

Before long, you're driven to eat more and more (and more!) sugar, just to get your "fix".

Now you're struggling with frequent sugar cravings and withdrawal symptoms… This is how sugar and drug addiction are similar in many ways.

It's hard to do, but one of the best things you can do for your health is limit your added sugar intake.

That's why I challenge you to try this…

Keep a tally of all the foods you eat that have added sugar for the next 24 hours and write it down. That's it. Don't change your diet or think too hard about it, just write it down.

Then send it to me by replying to this email.

Were you surprised? I want to know!

I hope this motivates you to take a closer look at how much added sugar is in your diet and that you start to think about ways that you can rid it from your life.

I can't wait to hear from you.

Xo,

Vani


P.S. If your friends and families are struggling with sugar too (I mean, who isn't?!?) please share this email with them and ask them to subscribe to this newsletter here.



P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, you can update your preferences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment