Monday, August 19, 2019

How I stay healthy (part 1)

People always ask me...

"How do you have the time to be so healthy?"

And I'll answer that today.

(HINT: It has to do with the B word.)

I also have some big news to share at the end of this email.

Now you may see me on Instagram…

  • Picking fresh figs in the garden with my daughter. #grateful
  • Packing up perfectly portioned organic lunches to eat on the plane. #goals
  • Milking our pet goat in the backyard to make homemade cheese. #kidding

(The last one is a joke!)

The photo with the animals is from a farm in Italy - not my backyard!

You and I both know that real life, and the edited pieces of our lives portrayed on Instagram are two very different things.

Spoiler alert: I'm NOT perfect, but I have learned how to set myself up for success - and I'm going to share my strategies with you today (no goat-milking required).

The B Word

I went to lunch with a friend the other day, and the B word came up.

You know what I'm talking about...

Balance.

For many  ALL of us, it seems completely unattainable.

Cooking, eating clean, exercising - it can take a lot of time and energy.

Something that many  NONE of us have enough of.

For years, I ignored my health - and as a result, I didn't feel my best. When I ended up at the doctor, the first thing that she suggested was that my gut may be unbalanced.

Upon her suggestion, I started taking a probiotic to help boost the amount of beneficial bacteria in my body.

It makes sense, doesn't it?

Balance is important in our lives AND inside of our bodies.

I'll tell you more about that later.

I created my company, Truvani, to help you live a simpler, healthier life.

And I'm so proud of all of the great products we have that work on the go.

How I Found Balance

Once I realized how imbalanced my body was, I went on a quest to correct it.

The first thing I did? As per doctor's orders, I began building up more beneficial bacteria in my gut.

The more I learned about gut health, the more I began to believe the hype.

You see, if our gut doesn't have the right balance of bacteria, everything from our mood, skin, even our immune system is affected!

Did you know that 70% of our immune system is in our gut??

And 90% of serotonin is produced, not in our brain, but in our gut as well!

They say that good health starts in the gut, so why not start there?

I knew that I needed to get more beneficial bacteria into my body.

Here's what I did…

  1. I immediately began taking a probiotic supplement each morning with breakfast.
  2. I cut back on processed foods, and began making eating real, whole foods, a big priority.
  3. I started adding more fermented foods, and beverages into my diet.

Listen, I love kimchi and kombucha, but I don't eat it every day.

Ultimately I found that taking a daily probiotic supplement was the most convenient way to get good bacteria to balance my body, and support the health of my gut.

Tomorrow I'll tell you what happened next. It took me a bit by surprise...

I've Got Something Exciting Coming For You

I wanted to let you in on some exciting news, we have a brand new product coming out Wednesday, August 21st. It's actually been the #1 requested product since we started my company, Truvani.

This product plays a big role in keeping me balanced.

Now It's Your Turn

Reply to this email and let me know what you think about gut health.

If you believe the hype, reply and tell me why.

If you're on the fence, I want to hear that, too.

Xo,

Vani

P.S. Tomorrow, I'm going to share what happened after I started to balance out the bacteria in my gut. What happened may surprise you...


P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, you can update your preferences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment