Monday, February 18, 2019

4th largest retailer rejects my book

2 weeks ago, I got a very disappointing email from Costco…

They told me in no uncertain terms that they would not be carrying my latest book, Feeding You Lies, in their stores.

It was like a knife in the heart.

You see, 4 years ago, with my first book, I did signings at their warehouses all over the country. I met hundreds of people and it was one of my favorite parts of the book tour.

It was SO AWESOME seeing my book at Costco - which as you know, is largely a grocery store - telling people the truth about their food.

This book ended up a big success, staying on the New York Times Best Sellers list for 5 weeks straight. So, when I found out that Costco would not be carrying my new book based on "sales" of the last book, I was not only disappointed - but a bit shocked. Especially coming from a retailer who sells more organic food than any other grocery store and has recently eliminated Roundup weedkiller from their stores.

But let's face it. This book may be too much for mainstream stores to handle. Certain people and corporations do not want the truth about the food industry to be revealed. And that's okay - we have a grassroots movement to spread the truth - it will get out there!

I am counting on you and thankfully you can buy a copy at any of these retailers:

I'm telling you this, so you know what I'm up against.  It can be hard for an activist like me to get their book in some mainstream stores, as you can see from my experience with Costco.

This also goes for media - I had a major news outlet cancel my interview at the last minute last week, without much explanation (it happened with the first book too). That is why I am counting on you to spread the word about the book and get its message out.

Thankfully, there are thousands of you who pre-ordered Feeding You Lies and who will be receiving your copy tomorrow. This is the moment I've been waiting for - I know the truth will spread.

We've done it before, and we'll do it again. We are so powerful together.

Xo,

Vani

P.S. I'll be making an exciting announcement tomorrow for everyone who gets their book this week.

P.P.S. Reminder - I'll be live streaming my book launch party tonight. Tune in on Facebook or Instagram at 7:45pm EST to join in the lively conversation.

 


P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, you can update your preferences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment