Friday, January 10, 2020

Curb your nighttime sweet tooth - This is for you (closes at midnight)

It's Friday, and you know what that means? Two things…

I'm closing enrollment in the 7-Day Sugar Detox tonight at midnight. This is your last chance to get this program. If you have any questions, feel free to email me and I'll get right back to you! If you're ready: Sign up here. You can start anytime once you have the program, so the time is now.

And, secondly, it's time for the next (and last!) health tip for the New Year! To recap… here are the tips I've sent you over the last week - and if you missed any of them, go back into your email and read them! 

  • Tip #1 - Eliminate Refined Sugar From Your Diet.
  • Tip #2 - Change Your Grocery Store.
  • Tip #3 - Drink Warm Lemon Water With Cayenne Pepper First Thing In The Morning.
  • Tip #4 - Fast Every Single Day.
  • Tip #5 - Enjoy a Daily Green Drink.
  • Tip #6 - Stop Adding Sugar To Your Coffee.

And now, drumroll please…. 

Health Tip #7 - Kick Your Nighttime Sugar Cravings

I think nighttime sugar cravings are the absolute worst. And, not much will sabotage your efforts at losing weight and staying healthy than a late-night sugar binge. 

There are several strategies that I've used over the years to curb my own sugar cravings (I used to be a major candy ADDICT). Follow these steps and you'll be well on your way to freeing yourself from the nighttime sugar monster!

Eight Steps To Tackling Intense Sugar Cravings:

  1. Clear Your Pantry Of All Sugary Treats and Processed Snacks. If it's not there, you can't eat it! Once you bring a bag of cookies into the house, your willpower will not last - and sooner or later you will come home exhausted, stressed, and the first thing you will reach for are those cookies! Clear any sweets and processed food from your pantry and refrigerator and replace them with simple one-ingredient REAL FOOD snacks – apples, bananas, vegetable sticks, nuts, seeds, boiled eggs. Tell everyone in your family to not bring any sugary junk into the house either, so you won't be tempted!
  2. Get Moving! Exercise releases feel good endorphins that can provide a similar "high" as a sugary or junk food treat can. Not only will you feel better about yourself and the decision you made to be active, but you are also creating new healthy habits by immediately inserting an activity when you feel a craving coming on.
  3. Drink Herbal Tea In The Evenings. One of my all-time favorite rituals is drinking herbal tea – especially at night! I drink hot tea almost every night before bed and it really relaxes me and takes away any cravings. I love mint, ginger, or spicy cinnamon teas, as these are amazing at blasting away sugar cravings. That's because they are naturally sweet without the sugar, and warm and comforting. 
  4. Boost Your Serotonin Levels Naturally. Getting a good night's sleep will naturally boost serotonin levels and turn off your hunger hormones. When your body has enough time to recharge you will probably find that your cravings are not as intense. When I don't get enough sleep I want to eat everything in the house! So, do whatever you need to do to make sure that you're sleeping enough each night. 
  5. Balance Your Meals. Be sure to include plenty of whole foods that contain healthy fats and protein. Eat lots of greens that are loaded with phytonutrients to help boost energy levels.
  6. Drink Plenty Of Water. You may mistake dehydration as a sugar craving. Try drinking an 8 ounce glass of water and waiting 10-15 minutes before eating. You can also slice some fresh fruit or veggies into the water to add a boost of flavor. Lemons, limes, oranges or cucumbers are just a few that taste great.
  7. Eat More Fermented Foods. This may be one of the BEST ways to fight cravings. Eat fermented kimchi, miso, kombucha, and sauerkraut each day. These increase healthy good bacteria in the gut, which is also being studied in regards to its role in weight gain - some research indicates that bad bacteria promotes obesity, while good bacteria fights it. Plus, fermented foods can also help to eliminate excess sugar in your body by feeding on it.
  8. Buddy Up With A Friend! Sometimes just talking about your cravings with someone in the same situation is all you need to stay on track. If you know that someone is holding you accountable and rooting you on, it's much easier to stick to your goals and be successful!

That's why I built a support system into my 7-Day Sugar Detox Program. As soon as you join, you'll get to join our private Facebook group and private online forum, where you can connect with other members on the Sugar Detox. This is a place where we privately share our experiences without judgment – since a lot of us are all facing the same type of struggles and bad food cravings! We answer questions and share our success stories. When you surround yourself with people who share the same goals and help to keep you accountable, you will succeed.

I invite you to join us here now.

This program provides the plan, the support, and the community you need to ditch refined sugar in a way that makes it practically impossible to fail! You'll receive detailed online guides and videos to walk you through the 7-Day Sugar Detox, along with all the personal support you need. You'll know exactly what to eat, what not to eat and what to do after the detox is over. I'll give you real life emergency strategies for when you feel like you can't live without sugar and have crazy uncontrollable cravings.

Sign up for the 7-Day Sugar Detox by midnight - I'll send everything to your email instantly. 

If you have any friends or family members who struggle with sugar cravings, please forward this email to them. Perhaps you can "buddy up" and support each other on the journey to cut out sugar together!

Xo,

Vani

 

P.S. This program has been life-changing for many people. Here's what some have to say…

"My sugar intake was out of control! My worst time of day was from 8PM to 10PM, when I couldn't inhale enough cookies and/or dark chocolate truffles and/or ice cream. Every night I had to have something sweet. Then when I saw the Food Babe's message about the Sugar Detox, I knew that it was time to make another healthy change to my diet. The best part was getting on the scale and finding that I had lost 4 pounds! I am extremely motivated now, and even started to exercise. All in all, I am trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle and have confidence that I'll be able to continue to eat good foods!" - Lesli

"I am 85 and my husband is 87 and we have both just completed our 7-day Sugar Detox. To date he has lost 5-lbs. and I have lost 2.5-lbs., although I have more to lose than he, proportionately. We have both noticed our desire for sweets has pretty well disappeared and I in particular, have been addicted to sugar my entire life. Also, strangely enough, my arthritic hip seems to be much better. The best and most immediate result of the Sugar Detox Diet was instead of lying awake for hours during the night, I now get a full 8 hours sleep and it's wonderful." - Greta

"I have actually tamed the "sugar craving beast" in me! This program has changed the way I think about the processed baked goods. I feel so empowered to have conquered the Sugar demon that now I can tell everyone about it! I am so happy to have discovered this program and this way of life." - Julia

"My husband and I are absolutely loving it! We never feel hungry and the sugar cravings have virtually vanished!... We are going to continue eating this way forever! Thank you for the kick start!" - Lori


P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, you can update your preferences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment