Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Breaking! Launching Major Petition Today.

Today I'm launching a petition to Bojangles' Famous Chicken & Biscuits and I need your help.

Here's why...

Last summer, I volunteered at a local elementary school and noticed that they were serving Bojangles for breakfast. I asked the school administrators if they knew what was in Bojangles food or if they had an ingredient list that they could share with me - and they told me they didn't know the ingredients. Hundreds of kids were eating it, but no one had any idea what was in it. How does this happen? I asked myself.

Well, if you know me… this drove me crazy! That is when this investigation and petition were born.

I grew up eating Bojangles and they have a really large presence here in the Southeast. You see their advertising everywhere - sporting events, local charities, and schools!

If we are going to make good informed decisions about what we are eating - we need to know what's in our food! The problem is – when you contact Bojangles via phone, email, customer service or even ask an employee in the store – they refuse to release the ingredients in their food.

Also Bojangles continues to use routine antibiotics in the production of their meat which is very irresponsible considering the risk of superbugs entering our food system and environment.

Given both of these reasons – it's time to hold this fast food chain accountable. It is reprehensible that they won't tell us what's in their food!

Please sign the petition and spread the word.

I know with your help, we can make this happen!

Xo,

Vani

P.S. After you sign the petition, please read this detailed blog post including my communications with executives at Bojangles and what they had to say when I asked to know what's in their food.

 

 

 

 

 

 



P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, you can update your preferences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment