Friday, October 28, 2016

A weekend challenge for you...

Yesterday we discussed how to eat healthy on the run, and I've already received feedback from many of you who are loving these tips, so I'm really excited to share some more with you today!

Remember, if you have any friends or family who would love tips like these too, just forward this email to them and ask them to join this newsletter here.

When I changed my eating habits to healthy food, one of the best things I did was clean out my kitchen pantry and got rid of all the chemical filled junk. I donated it all and I haven't looked back!

If you know me, you know this – I'd rather spend money on food versus anything else. This is why I prefer to eat at home or eat at the highest quality restaurant that I know will serve the healthiest ingredients. This is why when I travel, I take travel size foods like raw almond butter and chia seeds with me. But this is also why, I will save an 1/8 of an organic red onion or a quarter of a lemon. I am crazy about not wasting good food too! But when it comes to the junk - it feels soooo good to get rid of it.

I challenge you to clean out your pantry this weekend! Fall is the perfect time to START FRESH and get ready for the busy holiday season and the new year.

It can be hard to stick to a healthy diet when the temperatures wind down and the social functions of the season ramp up… so get started on the right foot by making sure your pantry is stocked with the right foods that will give you the fuel you need - and none of the junk you don't!

How to clean your pantry for success:

  1. Take everything out of your pantry and refrigerator, shelf by shelf. Clearing the shelves is the only way you can inventory what you have on hand – and what you want to get rid of.
  2. Sort through the products by checking the ingredient list and cross referencing it with the list of ingredients to avoid here.
  3. If a product has a "Satisfaction Guarantee" on it, you might be able to get a full refund or store credit. It's worth asking your local grocery store about this – especially if you are finding a lot of toxic foods in your cabinets. Anything that is unopened should also be returnable to the store. If you can, take a moment to tell the store manager why you are returning the items. If more people admonished their grocery stores for carrying poisons, there'd be less of this stuff on their shelves.
  4. At this point you might feel like I've just lobbed a hand grenade into your pantry and fridge. You're probably wondering: Jeez, is there anything left to eat? Lettuce, anyone? Let me assure you there is an amazing array of foods you can eat, from meats to veggies to pastas to desserts. Nothing is off limits unless you know by reading ingredient labels that it's loaded with chemicals. Check this list of what I consider "pantry essentials" to help you stock your pantry with the healthiest foods and brands that I've researched.
  5. Restock the shelves with what you've kept, and place the things you use most within the easiest reach. Keep all of the items in the same place all the time.
  6. Last but not least, post a checklist on the inside door of your pantry, using my list as a reference. Cross off items as you deplete them. Not only will the checklist remind you of your inventory, it will alert you to what you don't have and help you plan your weekly shopping trip!
  7. Stock your kitchen with healthy cookbooks (Like my friend Lisa's new book that just came out!) and menu plans - so you can grab and go!

A clean pantry, fridge, freezer and kitchen are easily attainable. You can do it and it will feel amazing!

Once this is done, you will have a kitchen that is ready for you to feed your family healthy food without all those junky foods distracting you! Implement the tips that I sent you yesterday, and you will be well on your way to eating like a Food Babe!

Next week I'm sharing some more incredible resources that I know you'll love. Make sure to watch your email closely so you don't miss a thing!

Xo,

Vani

P.S. Do you you have any friends or family that are due for a pantry makeover? Forward this email to them and ask them to subscribe to this newsletter here.

 

 

 

 

 



P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, you can update your preferences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment