Tuesday, October 18, 2016

What I am cooking up in my kitchen this week...

Last weekend, we took a little impromptu trip to the mountains. The leaves are starting to change and it was so gorgeous! The beautiful scenery, nature, fresh air and animals along the way... it's all so magical. There's something so peaceful about it that I can't get enough of!!!! 

We also enjoyed some delicious meals at some of the spectacular farm-to-table restaurants in the area. For me, one of the best things about fall is all of the delicious food - and I've been spending A LOT of time in the kitchen lately cooking up my favorite soups and fall treats! 

Here's a round up of my favorite fall recipes, leading off with one of the healthiest ingredients of the season: Pumpkin! Not only is it delicious, but pumpkin is amazingly healthy for you - packed with beta-carotene (vitamin A) and fiber.

Beta-carotene is good for vision and helps to prevent cancer and heart disease, while the fiber helps to keep you feeling full and satisfied for hours. If you love pumpkin as much as I do, you've got to try these recipes...

I'm also cooking up these dishes this season...

If you do make the pistachio milk (or any nut milk) - save the pulp! You can use it to make crunchy biscotti or a body scrub that is perfect for giving yourself a little spa treatment after hiking in the fall weather! So, if you haven't yet... get out there and get moving. It's beautiful out there!!! 

I feel so fortunate to be in good health so that I can enjoy activities like this, and that is why I safeguard my health very closely! I will never forget the time an emergency room doctor sent me home with the advice to take some Advil, only to find out the next day that my appendix was about to burst! I've since learned that it is vitally important to be your own health advocate.

On the blog this week is a kick in the pants post from Cardiologist Dr. Joel Kahn, who serves on my Advisory Council. He gives you a list of specific questions to ask or testing to request from your health care providers in hopes that it will prepare you for dealing with the overtaxed medical complex! 

Read the new post here.

Happy Fall!

Xo,

Vani

 

 

 



P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, you can update your preferences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment