Tuesday, October 27, 2020

When my head wants to explode...

My daughter went to two different birthday parties on the same weekend, and there was something that made me VERY SAD. 

Both of the birthday cakes were covered in brightly colored icing that was dyed with artificial colors. This is an ingredient that we have ZERO TOLERANCE for. This may sound extreme – but there are so many reasons why we shouldn't be eating them, especially children.

And as Harley attends more parties (and is now in school) I'm seeing artificial colors EVERYWHERE. That's when I realized I needed to write about this pronto! 

Click to read: How to avoid artificial colors at birthday parties and celebrations

This brand new blog post gives you all my shopping tips, baking products I love, and strategies we use. Of course, I don't want her to feel left out or miss out on enjoying treats with her friends. That's why I figured out where we can buy dye-free cakes or how to make them at home.

If you know any parents who are buying and making cakes with artificial colors, please share this post with them. It's my dream that someday everyone will stop using artificial colors. It may sound like a pipe dream, but it's such an easy change to make! Let's all have safe dye-free parties together.

Get all my dye-free cake buying and baking tips here.

Xo,

Vani


P.S. If you want my yummy dye-free Strawberry Cake recipe, it's in my new cookbook! There are a few copies of Food Babe Kitchen still available locally at your Barnes & Noble (schedule a curbside pickup online). You can also check out other retailers here.

 

 

Food Babe Kitchen - Get a free list of EVERYTHING in my pantry now with every book purchase.


P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, you can update your preferences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment