Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Time to be brutally honest

I'm going to be brutally honest with you. The last couple of weeks haven't been easy. 

Yesterday, I was about ready to throw my hands up in the air and book a ticket to Mexico.

Of course that would be absolutely insane…

I'm 8 months pregnant during a global pandemic, launching my first cookbook and my daughter would have to quarantine for 2 weeks after the trip if we wanted her to go back to school.

Needless to say, I'm not going to Mexico anytime soon.

Publishing Food Babe Kitchen during a pandemic has not been easy. 

Photo and video shoots were cancelled…

Interviews were postponed indefinitely…

In-person events and book signings were impossible… (My favorite part of releasing a book)

Paper shortages delayed book printing…

Shipments didn't arrive on time and continue to be delayed… 

And then I got a phone call that made me sick to the pit of my stomach! 

After spending 5 years creating this beautiful cookbook, I was informed that bookstores across the country didn't have enough copies to sell.

They were completely SOLD OUT. It is good news that they sold out, but so many of you that wanted this book this week and couldn't get it. 

It's been bittersweet! 

I had a long conversation with my publisher yesterday to go over where we are now. 

If you want this book in time for Thanksgiving or for gifts, now is the time, because there will be a very limited number printed for this year.

You can get a copy of Food Babe Kitchen here:

  • Barnes & Noble has copies in some physical stores. Check to see if your local store has any copies and schedule a curbside pickup here.
  • Books-A-Million has copies in a few physical stores. Check your local store to schedule a pickup here.
  • Amazon You can order now from them today but there is a shipping delay. 
  • TalkShopLive has signed copies in stock ready to ship now, but their supply is going fast.
  • Park Road Books has signed copies in stock ready to ship now or pick up, but they only have a handful left.

Thank you for your incredible support - together we are going to change the health of this world and our families.

I can't wait to see your creations from Food Babe Kitchen when you get the book, please remember to tag me on social media.  

Xo,

Vani

 

P.S. Also, in case you didn't see yesterday, I published a brand new investigation into birthday cakes and cake mixes that you don't want to miss. Check it out here.

 

 

 

Food Babe Kitchen - Get a free list of EVERYTHING in my pantry now with every book purchase.


P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, you can update your preferences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment