Friday, October 30, 2020

Bright blue and red cake - ahhhh!

My daughter was at a friend's birthday party and the mom whispered over to warn me about the blue & red Spiderman Cake they had baked. 

Since she knows me very well she said: "You may not want Harley eating this cake because the kids went really crazy with artificial colors while making it". 

I appreciated her giving me the heads up, so I could be prepared when cake time rolled around! 

I'm sure you've also found yourself in this situation…you don't want your kids to feel left out…but there is no way you are going to allow them to eat artificial dyes made from petroleum that disrupt the immune system and are linked to hyperactivity, cancer, and allergies. 

So, what do you do?

I answer this question during my recent interview on the Broken Brain podcast with my friend Dhru Purohit.

CLICK TO WATCH or LISTEN: See how I handled the "blue cake situation" at this party and how I'm raising my daughter to make these decisions on her own as she gets older.

Now that my daughter is almost 4, she's encountering artificially dyed, flavored, and over-processed foods more and more and I know I can't always be there. I hope to give her all the tools she needs to know what to do when this happens. 

On the podcast, we also talk about the nasty ingredients in Kellogg's cereal, why Starbucks removed caramel color from their drinks, and life saving kitchen tips and recipes I provide in my new cookbook, Food Babe Kitchen. Watch our conversation here

Now that Food Babe Kitchen is a New York Times Best Seller and is getting increased exposure, available copies are even more limited. To get it in time for Thanksgiving or for gifts, now is the time to order: 

  • Barnes & Noble is available to order online and has copies in some physical stores.
  • Books-A-Million is available to order online and has copies in a few physical stores. 
  • Amazon is available to order online. They are restocking their warehouse every minute, so delivery dates are changing constantly.

Thank you for your incredible support – together we are going to change the health of this world and our families. 

Xo,

Vani

P.S. You've got to check out my brand new investigation into birthday cakes and cake mixes - which includes all my best tips, recipes, and products I use to avoid artificial colors at our celebrations. There are so many great options out there now! 

 

Food Babe Kitchen - Get a free list of EVERYTHING in my pantry now with every book purchase.


P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, you can update your preferences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment