Wednesday, November 14, 2018

I’m going to be attacked for writing this.

I was naive when I started blogging on Food Babe back in 2011.

I thought everyone would be happy about what I wrote because I was helping people. 

I had no idea that my investigations into the food industry would produce such a firestorm. 

I thought if I just told the truth on my blog, everything would get better.

I thought the food industry would change because people would demand it once they learned the truth.

After we succeeded in changing dozens of food company ingredients and food practices for the better, we (the Food Babe Army) became a TARGET. Droves of critics were unleashed to take me down. They were organized by people with deep pockets, with a mission to protect the billion-dollar processed food and chemical industry.

This group of critics weaseled their way into major newspapers all over the place, and said horrible things about me (that I was crackpot and a bimbo, and worse). This was done to damage my credibility and to make me look like an uneducated crazy person.

And at the time, reporters believed that these critics of mine were independent experts – without financial ties to the food industry – and so they allowed them to be the antagonist in these stories about me as an activist.

At first, I couldn't pin down exactly what was going on. I had my suspicions, of course, but I couldn't really prove that these people were getting money from the industry.

And then slowly, but surely, the truth started to reveal itself.

I submitted freedom of information act (FOIA) requests and received hundreds of internal emails. I met with someone who admitted he had edited my Wikipedia page, because he was paid by a firm to discredit my work. I talked to other whistleblowers and went behind the scenes to really figure out more about what was going on.

My eyes were opened to a whole world of corruption…

What I have now found, is compelling evidence showing how these critics were connected to and were taking money from the food and chemical industries. I also uncovered how the industry will stop at nothing to keep their unhealthy products on the market, even if it means lying repeatedly to the public.

And, this series of events led me to realize that… whoa, there are SO MANY LIES that the food industry has told us over the years. They manipulate us to buy their products and they use dirty tactics just like what the tobacco industry has done. I had an epiphany. I knew I had to tell people all about this.

I knew I had to get this out to the public and my next book was born…

This book – which I call FEEDING YOU LIES – is being printed this week and getting ready to hit bookstores in just a few months. It is not something that has ever been written before. It's told from my perspective and shares personal stories on how I figured out the lies that needed to be exposed.

When I decided to write this book, I was pregnant and pitched it to publishers, and by the time I got a publisher and was ready to write it, my baby was born. I spent the last two years becoming a mom, trying to figure out how to raise my daughter and continue being an activist. And, now that she is almost 2, I am back.

I'm ready to get back in the fight again. Now is the right time for this book to come out.

Certain individuals and companies do NOT want their lies to be published and that's why I know this book is going to really open me up to attacks.

And to be honest, this will not be easy for me. That's why I really need your support.

The best way you can support my new book is by pre-ordering a copy. You can do that here online or at your local bookstore. If you'd like a signed copy, order it from my local bookstore, Park Road Books.

The book will be shipped to you on its release date on February 19, 2019, so you will get to be one of the very first people to read it!

The reason why pre-ordering the book is so helpful is that this sends a signal to bookstores everywhere that they should carry FEEDING YOU LIES when it comes out in February. We need to get this book into the hands of more people, as quickly as possible, when it hits stores.

I really want every single one of you to pre-order this book and to tell your local bookstores to carry it. That is the only way we are going to get it out there…

The media likely won't be reporting about it. Do you think that the morning shows are going to have me on their network while their sponsors are Kellogg's and Coca-Cola?

I'm not going to rely on traditional media to get this book out…

I'm going to be relying on you.

I'm relying on you to help get this book into the hands of more people.

This will continue to educate the public about the lies of the food industry and let them know how they've been duped. We exposed their dirty ingredients in the first book, and we are exposing their dirty tactics in the second.

Many food corporations have NO DESIRE to help us be healthy. They want to continue selling us their sugary, toxin-ridden products. There is nothing admirable about selling food that makes people sick. Just like we got major multi-billion dollar corporations to change in the past, we will do it again when their lies are finally revealed in this book.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for supporting the pre-order of this book, asking your local bookstores to carry it, and for sharing this with your friends. You are courageously helping me stand up to the Big Food industry that always puts their profits over people. It needs to stop.

Here's where to pre-order your copy of FEEDING YOU LIES:

Xo,

Vani

P.S. Please forward this email to your friends and family so they know about this important book too. THANK YOU.


P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, you can update your preferences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment