Wednesday, December 20, 2017

The PERFECT healthiest last minute gift

As I was online holiday shopping, I came across several "edible" gifts that made my head want to explode. These are gifts that I now refuse to buy or eat for that matter. There's no way that I'm going to send unhealthy, disease-promoting gifts to people that I care about. There's nothing that I value more than my health and the health of my friends and family. I believe there is no better gift than one that promotes health!

That's why my partner ButcherBox is one of my favorite gifts of the season that makes the PERFECT gift for your loved ones.

ButcherBox is a service that will deliver grass-fed meats that are antibiotic and hormone free (and NEVER raised on a factory farm) directly to your house!

48-Hour Flash Sale: Take $34 OFF your first ButcherBox when you sign up here. (ENDS FRIDAY 12/22)

The conventional meat found in grocery stores (even some organic) often comes from large industrial factory farms where they live in inhumane conditions, subsisting on a diet full of grains instead of naturally on a pasture. Unless organic, the animals were likely raised on GMO grains, routine antibiotics, and growth hormones. Because I care about not only my own health, but the health of our environment and animals, I made a commitment to myself years ago that I would stop eating factory farm meat, even if it's organic.

It sure would be nice if factory farm meat had a big giant WARNING LABEL on it, but unfortunately it doesn't. So, it's up to us to sift through all the different labels out there and figure it out on our own… grass-fed?, natural?, organic?, free-range?, humane?, vegetarian fed?, antibiotic-free?, no hormones?... some of these labels aren't even legit. It's no wonder why I get so many emails asking for my advice about meat. It's a jungle out there!

ButcherBox provides a convenient and affordable solution that makes it easy for you (and your loved ones) to kiss factory farmed meat goodbye FOR GOOD. They have done the work for you and found small family farms that hold quality and animal welfare as their core values, who never use hormones or antibiotics and grass-finish their cattle. No more scrutinizing labels at the store and searching high and low for farms that you can trust!

How ButcherBox works:

  1. Sign up here and set your schedule to automatically get a new ButcherBox sent to your house (or a loved one's house) every month or every other month.
  2. ButcherBox will ship your box without any shipping charges. All meats will arrive frozen and ready to pack in your freezer or defrost in the fridge.
  3. You can cancel or change your schedule at any time! No commitments.

When you sign up, you'll get to choose your box options. I just started with their new "Custom Box" option and I LOVE it!

OPTION #1: Curated Box - Choose from their different options: all beef, beef & chicken, or mixed box (beef, chicken & pork). Each box comes with a curated selection with 8-11 lbs. of meat. The selection varies every month so you won't get stuck in a rut and get to try new cuts!

OPTION #2: Custom Box - This is a bigger box with 12-16 lbs. of meat that you get to pick out yourself! For only $20 more than a curated box, you choose three options from the Everyday category (such as chicken thighs, ground beef, or even a whole chicken) and three options from the Premium category (such as boneless chicken breasts, steaks, or pork chops). You can change it up however you'd like, so you always have something new delivered.

I hope that you give yourself and your family this wonderful gift and see how much better you feel when you stop eating factory farm meat. It's truly life-changing!

Get (or Give!) a ButcherBox here.

Every purchase helps support the work and investigations that we do here at Food Babe, so my team and I thank you so much for the support!

Xo,

Vani


P.S. Remember this is a 48-Hour Flash Sale! Claim your $34 off when you sign up by Friday here.

 

 

 



P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, you can update your preferences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment