Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Toxins you don't normally think about...

Have you ever been near a window inside your home when the sunshine was coming in just right and saw little particles floating in the air? I'm sorry to tell you that this isn't just dirt… and that there is a lot more lurking in those little particles, which go right into your body every time you breathe. Those particles can contain everything from pesticides to flame retardants to industrial pollution which affect your health.

While outdoor air pollution has been classified as a carcinogen (causes cancer) by the International Agency for Research on Cancer – the air we breathe inside of our homes can be even worse! The EPA says that indoor air pollution is about 2 to 5 times greater than the air outside, and is sometimes 100 times worse than the air you breathe outside. I was shocked when I found that out!
If you wouldn't drink unfiltered water, why would you breathe unfiltered air? Even if I'm eating the purest, most organic food in the world and drinking the cleanest filtered water around, I know that the air I breathe is just as important!

Here's how to protect yourself and everyone that lives in your home…

  • Stop using products with added fragrances, parabens, or phthalates. 
  • Replace plastic containers with glass and stainless steel.
  • Dust surfaces in your home with a damp cloth, steam floors, and vacuum often.
  • Get some indoor plants. Certain plants have even been shown to help clean the air of VOCs. Some plants that are most effective are the Dracaena and Bromeliad.
  • Replace plastic toys that may contain phthalates with those that are made with non-toxic materials.
  • Invest in a high quality air purifier.

I started using a new air purifier in my home and cannot believe the difference in how well I feel and sleep. 

We obviously can't all live in a bubble, but we should do our best to make sure the environment we live in isn't toxic. Using an air purifier has really given me the peace of mind that the air in my home is safe, especially for my daughter!

As I always want to share with you what works for me, I partnered up with Intellipure to make it easier for you to try the same air purifier I've been using. My team was able to negotiate a special deal just for the Food Babe Army. They will give you $200 off a brand new system! They will also throw in a couple free replacement filters with your purchase. Here are the details…

Get $200 off a brand new Intellipure system with the code FOODBABE here.

Also add these two items to your cart: 1 Ultrafine 468 VOC Pre-Filter Replacement ($19.99 value) and 1 Ultrafine 468 VOC Post-Filter Replacement ($59 value) to get these for free along with your purchase when you enter the code FOODBABE. (These filters must be added to your cart to receive).

They also have 6 month interest-free financing available through PayPal.

This makes a great gift for yourself or someone you love - you can even forward this email to someone so they can get you one!

Xo,
Vani

P.S. This offer expires this week, so don't delay.

 



P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, you can update your preferences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment