I'm not sure how it is where you are, but the weather in my neck of the woods has been absolutely beautiful (hot, but not too hot!) and sunny… it's really been perfect outside and I LOVE it! This time of year you'll often find us cooking on the grill in the backyard - that way we don't heat up the house and we get to spend more time outdoors. It's such a fun and relaxing way to cook dinner.
While I don't personally eat beef… Mr. Food Babe does on occasion and likes to grill up grass fed steaks that we get from my partner Butcher Box (and he says it's some of the most amazing meat he's ever had!)
Butcher Box has been such a lifesaver for us because it can be a pain (and expensive!) to find good meats at the store. Did you know about 97% of cows are raised on factory farms where they spend most of their lives eating corn, soy, and even Skittles candy?! Cows should be eating grass, not cheap GMO grains and candy. They're also regularly given drugs like ractopamine, antibiotics, and growth hormones, which make them unnaturally obese and can leave residues in their meat. This is not healthy. When we eat animals that aren't healthy - we become unhealthy. This is why I don't take my meat choices lightly - and if I don't know the source of an animal product, I won't eat it or buy it for my family.
Many of you have reached out to me and asked for help because it's nearly impossible for you to find meat that wasn't raised on a factory farm or the prices are completely out of reach. Butcher Box is a solution that will make avoiding factory farmed meat so EASY for you!
- With Butcher Box you get a selection of grass-fed and grass-finished beef, heritage breed pork, or free range organic chicken from trusted farmers delivered straight to your front door every month. The shipping is free and this saves you a trip to the store, which is awesome.
- Their meats are never from a factory farm!
- Each box includes 8-11 lbs. of meat (along with recipe cards) which is enough for about 18-25 individual meals.
- No two boxes are the same. The selection varies every month so you won't get stuck in a rut!
- It's a flexible subscription service, depending on how much meat your family eats on a regular basis. You can change the schedule or cancel at anytime! No commitments.
To make it easy for you to give them a try, my team was able to work out a special just for the Food Babe Army...
Here's how to claim this offer from Butcher Box:
- Visit their website here, enter your email address and click the "Yes, I Want Free Filet Mignon" button. The free filet mignon and $10 discount will automatically be added to your cart (no coupon code required).
- Choose which box you prefer from their selection of 100% Grass-fed Beef, Organic/Pastured Chicken and/or Heritage Breed Pork.
- Set it up so that you'll automatically get a new Butcher Box sent to your house every month, or every 2 months. Click the "NEXT" button.
- Verify that your order is correct and that your discount was applied before completing your order.
- Butcher Box will ship your box within a few days and all meats will arrive frozen solid to your front door! (Please note they only ship within the continental U.S. at this time)
When you stop buying meat raised on factory farms you'll be doing something amazing for your health and the environment we all live in. You'll no longer be eating meats with the accumulated toxins that come from living crammed together in inhumane living conditions, subsisting on a diet of chemical-laden GMOs and antibiotics, while being pumped full of hormones and drugs. Grass-fed and pastured meat is also lower in total fat, while being higher in heart-healthy Omega 3's that help to reduce inflammation, and higher in some vitamins and minerals.
One of the big reasons why I partnered with Butcher Box was for my husband, and he has been really loving the quality of their meat! When we met the founders (Mike & Mike), we immediately saw that they share our same values in wanting to fix our broken food system. One of the best ways to make a difference is to vote with your dollars and support farmers who are doing the right thing and Butcher Box is a great way to do that. Your purchase also supports the work that we do here at Food Babe, so thank you!
P.S. You can cancel at any time after you receive your first box, so there's no reason not to give them a try here! You only have until Friday to get the free filet mignon and $10 discount.
If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, you can update your preferences here.