Monday, August 17, 2015

I used to have the worst cravings, until I started doing this...

Chemical imbalance in the body is one of the reasons we eat things we aren't suppose to eat.

Too much exposure to endocrine disrupting chemicals like pesticides, or excito-toxins like artificial sweeteners and MSG additives, added flavorings and other food additives can totally mess with our biochemistry. The accumulation of some of these chemicals in low doses are not only being linked to obesity but cancer too.

 

Once our bodies start to get the nutrition it deserves, cravings vanish.

Poof! Gone! Out of sight!

Now don't get me wrong, you may still have a sweet tooth or like a salty snack here or there, but you won't want to eat the whole cake or finish off the whole bag if you have got control of your body.

One sure fire way that has helped me regain control is to make sure I am eating an abundance of plant foods first thing in the morning.

That means planning my breakfast the night before and making sure my fridge is stocked with grab and go nutritious foods.

The easiest way I have found to make sure this happens is to commit to making green smoothies at night (which can take 10 mins or less) but save me so much time and effort in the morning. Having something ready vs. having to make it – is the difference between success and failure.

When we are rushed – we might go for the easier less nutritious option but having green packed jars of goodness ready to sip from the fridge help tremendously with will power.  

Eating a breakfast that is chock full of vitamins and minerals – will not only make your body more alkaline and in a state to avoid disease – but it will keep those cravings down for the rest of the day.

Here are three make-ahead recipes I love for breakfast…

Peach Chia Green Smoothie (This is a brand new recipe!)

Sunrise Green Smoothie

Anti-Inflammatory Green Smoothie

After you make these, you can just pop them in an inexpensive reusable container like a ball jar and have them ready to go in the fridge. I store my smoothies for up to 48 hours – so you can make 2 at a time if you like!

Hope you have a fabulous week! We've got some major things coming up, so be sure to read the next email and please follow on social media!!!

Xo,

Vani

P.S. Have you downloaded the live broadcasting app Periscope yet? Follow me @thefoodbabe – yesterday afternoon I did a live demonstration in my kitchen of one of my favorite detox salads! Don't miss out – the app only gives you 24 hours to watch replays.

 

 

 

 

 

 



P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment