Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The struggle is real... {reply to me!}

In my email to you last weekend, I brought up a topic that might have been surprising since it wasn't about food - but about connecting with people. I think this is so important because many people have forgotten how great it feels to spend time with the ones they love, leaving them emotionally empty. Not only is it important to foster connections with others, but emotions are powerful. They affect your health and filter down into all areas of your life - wreaking havoc on your food choices and your overall progress and success in life.

I want each and every one of you in the Food Babe Army to be healthy and successful, and one of my biggest goals is to help you do that.

I want to connect with more of you on a personal level and also to help you to connect with each other! I am putting together an additional resource for you that will help us come together in a new way, and I can't wait to tell you about it soon!

It's not just emotions that are running on empty, but also our diets.

You know what I mean when you go to the grocery store and find it stocked up with an overwhelming abundance of nutritionless food-like products that only provide the basics for survival - calories to fill you up. When you eat these processed foods, you are not getting what your body really needs and are left craving more and more in a fruitless attempt to fill a nutritionless void.

These fortified, flavored, colored, enriched foods are completely devoid of the nutrition that our bodies require to feel and look our best and they are leaving us sick, tired, and overweight. Keep in mind, the food industry doesn't create these products with our health in mind. Their pockets are full and our bodies are empty!

In all of my researching about food and living a healthy lifestyle, there is one thing that I've learned without a doubt - there are no quick fixes!

There is no pill or supplement that is going to reverse the damaging effects of eating a diet full of these processed "empty" foods. You can't just put a patch on your arm, pop a pill, apply a special cream, or gulp down a powdered vitamin or protein drink. There really is more to it than that!

Achieving good health takes some dedication. You've got to make a commitment to yourself and take the time to choose whole, real food that will fill your body up with nutrition. When we are bombarded on every turn with processed garbage junk foods (including those disguised as health food) I know it isn't easy, but it can be done!

This is not something that comes easy to ANYONE, especially at first. I know that it can be tempting to eat whatever your friends are eating or to throw all caution to the wind and pick up something fast (and unhealthy) when we are tired or busy. But when you fully realize that your health is at stake, I've found it much easier to make the right choices.

All this got me thinking about obstacles and what keeps people from sticking to a healthy eating plan. Have you thought about this too? The first step to breaking through these obstacles is to recognize what they are - and so I have a little challenge for you...

Reply to this email and tell me what your biggest obstacles are to eating a healthy diet. I'd LOVE to hear from you!

I want to know what is standing in your way (or isn't) from choosing the right foods and eating healthy day after day. Here are some specific questions to get your thoughts flowing:

  • What are your goals for yourself when it comes to how you eat or your health? Do you have any or can you create some?
  • Do you know what foods are healthy to eat but have a hard time putting it all together? Or, do you just have no idea where to start and need help?
  • Do you struggle with sorting out which foods and brands are healthy at the grocery store or in restaurants?
  • Do you have kids who are picky eaters? Or a spouse?
  • Is it hard for you to find the time to do meal planning, shopping, or cooking?

I want to hear where you are at today! Your responses are helping me craft a plan to help you.

I can't wait for us to break through these obstacles together!!! Hope to hear from you soon.

Xo,

Vani

 

 

 

 

 



P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment