Tuesday, October 28, 2014

For Friday.

Last weekend, I was sitting around minding my own business reading the Sunday newspaper and couldn't help but notice all the advertisements marketing the worst kind of treats to celebrate Halloween on Friday. I opened one ad for a major store and there wasn't one item I would consider putting in my mouth. Not one!

So instead of festering in my anger, I thought I would share with you a compilation of posts that I have written throughout the years that will make this upcoming holiday more enjoyable and healthy – while avoiding toxic ingredients!

I vote with my dollars every single day, and I hope you will too and join me in not supporting the companies that continue to sell us controversial chemicals, GMOs and other additives like artificial food dyes.

For candy swaps to popular junk brands check this post:

For some other ideas that are not candy, consider handing out:

  • Organic Granola Bars
  • Organic raisins
  • Small Tangerines
  • Glow Sticks
  • Stickers
  • Cookie Cutters
  • Hot Cocoa Mix 

For party snacks to enjoy while the trick or treaters come by, check out the recipes below:

Hope you enjoy checking out these links. Tomorrow I've got a new post for you! One that I hope you'll refer to, use and share over and over again! It's going to be good.

Xo,

Vani

 



P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment