Thursday, September 4, 2014

Why I do what I do...

I've noticed something very alarming lately. Many of you are upset about what's happening to the food industry and I don't blame you.

Upon reading my investigations and finding out the truth, you say:

"Tell me what I can eat!"

"That's my favorite brand – oh no!"

"I was addicted to that!?"

"I just fed that <insert product> to my child this morning – what am I suppose to do now?"

Well, I have a solution. I have a special announcement coming on Monday and will reveal more about it later – everything you need to know to navigate this over- processed food world!

But until then, I want to share this with you…  

The only person who can control your health is you. I didn't understand this growing up. Instead, I believed what everyone else around me was telling me. I looked up to several authoritative figures, organizations and companies and blindly followed them as many people do today.

If you've heard my story, you know I suffered a myriad of health issues that inspired me to investigate the food I was eating.

When I was little, I was a very sick child. I had stomach issues, eczema in every crease of my body, asthma, allergies and was totally out of shape – I couldn't do one sit up. (I'm not kidding!).

In my teens, my parents took me to the dermatologist looking for solutions to the eczema all over my body and face. Instead of asking me about the food I was eating, my dermatologist gave me steroid creams and injections in my butt. He didn't look for root causes of my skin issues. He did what he was taught to do - treat and move on.

And then in my 20's, when I went to my primary care doctor looking for relief of the sleepless nights I was experiencing because of stress at work, my doctor gave me a prescription for 2 mind-altering drugs and a sleep aid, instead of offering natural solutions to deal with stress like exercise, or even quitting my job. She was doing what she was taught to do as well - treat and move on.

When I wanted to lose weight, the food industry and organizations like "Weight Watchers" told me I could eat anything I wanted as long as I looked at the calories or points and fat grams. I followed their advice and found myself always in a struggle to maintain my weight. The advice left me with no energy and feeling hungry all the time.

I outsourced my meals to restaurants like Subway, that told me I would "eat fresh" and lose weight like Jared if I ordered their sandwiches. I believed them and so many other restaurant chains that were serving me industrial chemicals instead of real food.

For so long, I looked to everyone else for answers. I didn't know that everything I believed for most of my life would be turned upside down once I started to investigate this for myself.

We are consistently bombarded with authoritative messages that work against our basic common sense. Everyone from certain doctors to scientists to the government wants us to stop using our brains and trust them. They don't want us to empower ourselves with this information. They want us to believe they are the only ones that can protect us.

This is why I do what I do. The research and investigations I conduct are here to show you that you don't need to be a scientist or doctor to know what to eat.

It can be simple. All it takes is a little planning and action. Tomorrow, I'll tell you more about one easy strategy that I use to avoid overly processed chemical ridden food.

I want to share with you all the tools, secrets and strategies that have helped me go from someone who used to struggle to eat healthy food to someone who now finds it a breeze.

Until then…

Vani 



P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment