Tuesday, December 8, 2015

The Holiday Death Aisle.

Walking into a drug store or typical grocery store this season you can guarantee to be greeted by what I call the "holiday death aisle."

This is an aisle dedicated to all that processed food that is redesigned to be festive for the season with Santa, snowflake, red, white and green decorations on the packaging. Every time I see this aisle of garbage, my heart sinks.

Emotions pull at me… thinking of all those times my parents bought me these sweets and stuffed my stocking with them or when I'd eat this junk at school parties.

The sentimental and nostalgic feeling the holidays bring can sway you into buying this "festive" food, but don't!

Just read the ingredient lists and see how full of chemicals this stuff is! Artificial food dyes made from petroleum and linked to health issues, GMOs sprayed with toxic chemicals, high fructose corn syrup that can be contaminated with mercury… the list goes on and on! This is no way to celebrate the holidays.

Now, every time I see this aisle, I turn away – I don't look and run! And that's what you should do too!

So instead of buying treats from the holiday death aisle, I like to make my own holiday treats.

Here's a list of really fun holiday edible gifts to make this season – I hope these recipes help you avoid the holiday death aisle this year!

I love when people make me home baked goods. Nothing processed in a package can even come close, right?!

Xo,

Vani

P.S. Stay tuned for tomorrow, when I reveal my favorite holiday gift for the season! It's perfect for kids, college students, or yourself!

 

 

 

 



P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment