Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Big Food caught red handed

When I first discovered that Big Food & Chemical companies were quietly paying some doctors, scientists, and dietitians to defend the risky chemicals in their products I was horrified. 

So much so, I even wrote a book about it. 

If you read my book Feeding You Lies, you'll know about all the ways that the food industry lies to us and how they use paid experts to fool the public. 

These lies are still continuing today, and may even be getting worse!

Let me share a recent example of the Big Food industry getting caught RED HANDED…

Last year, the popular artificial sweetener Aspartame was declared a possible carcinogen by the International Agency for Research on Cancer. This is the controversial sweetener in Diet Coke and many popular "Zero Sugar" drinks–and it's a processed ingredient I've avoided for a very long time. 

When I saw this news on social media, the comments were WILD… So many people were jumping in to defend Aspartame, saying it's safe, and calling the cancer claims fear-mongering.

Then I saw various "experts" posting videos discrediting the cancer findings and telling people not to give up their Diet Coke and other processed products with the chemical. The hashtag #safetyofaspartame was trending. 

Major news networks also jumped on board, saying "lovers of Diet Coke have little to fear".

I knew in my gut that something wasn't right. 

After everything I've learned about the unethical tactics used by some Big Food companies, I knew there was something shady going on behind the scenes. 

Turns out my spidey senses were right…

Many of these "experts" defending Aspartame were paid by American Beverage - which is a lobbying group for beverage companies including Coca Cola and Pepsi. 

Bought and paid for by the very companies who are most guilty of using Aspartame! 

This is why we need to keep our guard up. 

We also need to keep sharing this information with everyone we know. 

Most people don't know this information… 

Many "health foods" are not healthy at all.

Many food products are not what their labels say they are.

Many studies on foods are being manipulated, and are funded by self-serving food companies.

Many statistics are being taken out of context, with deliberate attempts to mislead.

Many medical groups, doctors, dietitians, and other health experts are taking money in exchange for endorsements, regardless of whether or not a food or food product is healthy.

It's shameless.

We shouldn't blindly trust anyone to tell us how to take care of our health. 

We should question where the information is coming from and if it can be trusted. Being a credentialed expert doesn't automatically mean they have integrity and haven't been "bought".

I've made it my job to empower people. I want to empower YOU to look after your health. I want to empower everyone.

It often takes digging to figure out the facts. However, when it comes to your health, it's absolutely worth investing the extra effort to determine what's real and what's not.

Please share this on Instagram, Facebook, or forward this email. 

Thank you for getting the word out! 

Xo,

Vani

***If someone forwarded this email to you, make sure to subscribe to my free email newsletter here. I'll send you updates, life-changing health tips, recipes, and breaking investigations each week***

Food Babe Family - Order Now


Food Babe

P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

Unsubscribe or Manage Preferences | Privacy Policy



If you no longer wish to receive these emails, click on the following link: Unsubscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment