Friday, October 27, 2023

This should be FRONT PAGE news.

Yesterday I sat down with fellow food activist Zen Honeycutt and I need to share something I learned that completely shocked me. 

This should be front page news, but you'll never see this information in the major media outlets because their ad dollars largely depend on these fast food giants.

Moms Across America, a non-profit organization just published a series of reports about pharmaceuticals, pesticides, and heavy metals detected in fast food items from 21 of the most popular chains like Taco Bell, Wendy's, Domino's, and Burger King. 

All of the fast food they tested came up positive for the cancer-causing pesticide glyphosate (Roundup weedkiller). This chemical has been implicated in cancer cases across the U.S. and it's unconscionable that it's in our food! 

The highest glyphosate levels were actually found in Panera Bread sandwiches, a place many think serves healthier food. Other major guilty parties are Arby's Chicken Sandwich, the DQ Grillburger, and Little Caesars Pepperoni Pizza.   

Harmful antibiotics and the drug Nicarbazin (a contraceptive and antiparasitic) was found in other fast food items tested. The majority of the samples contained an antibiotic that isn't approved for human use as it can cause severe harm!

The highest antibiotic residues were found in Wendy's, but Taco Bell, McDonald's, and Burger King were also major culprits. 

Chick-Fil-A's Chicken Sandwich was found to contain a drug that was reportedly prohibited! A contraceptive given to livestock to prevent them from laying eggs!

So what can we do?

The lowest levels of pesticides and no antibiotics were found in Chipotle meals, likely because they are one of the first restaurants who decided not to use GMO ingredients.

The best way to avoid food contaminated with dangerous substances is to cook with real food at home. 

One of the first things I did after I found out the truth about our food was I taught myself how to cook and figured out how to eat organically on a budget. 

I planted a little garden on my side patio and started growing goji berries. They didn't take up too much space, and it was like growing MONEY because they are expensive to buy.

Today I'm growing so much more, like sprouts that I can throw into my fast smoothies for the kids and salads that we eat before meals. 

Now that I'm a mom, I think that we have the biggest responsibility as parents to feed our kids the healthiest foods and teach them the truth about the food system. Which is why I'll be telling them all about this fast food report! 

I wrote Food Babe Family as a guide for you on how to teach your children to love real food and also the truth about the Big Food industry and the harmful chemicals they use. 

It includes all the brands that we stock in the pantry and what we eat instead of Goldfish, Fruit by the Foot, and Chick-fil-A when the craving strikes!

The second half of the book is a cookbook with over 100 real food recipes that are easy to make with under 30 minute prep times! These are the actual go-to meals that I cook for my family on the daily. 

Now more than ever, we need to cook at home and avoid these fast food places! 

Make your own "fast food" and freeze it. 

Plant a little garden at home.

Teach your children the truth about their food. 

Pick up your copy of Food Babe Family with all of my best tips to help you stop eating fast processed food full of harmful chemicals:

Please forward this email to your loved ones. Everyone needs to see this censored report on fast food!

Thank you for caring about the food that we are feeding our families and sharing the truth. 

Xo,

Vani

P.S. The MUST Watch replay of my conversation with Zen is here. We walk through the report and discuss the dire implications.

 

Food Babe Family - Order Now


P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, you can update your preferences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment