Friday, March 6, 2020

I'm hungover...

I feel sooooo hungover, but it's not from alcohol. Let me explain.

This week I was supposed to be in California attending the biggest natural products show in the U.S.

I prepared weeks for this show. Everything from lining up meetings, to preparing frozen meals to take with me for my daughter to eat while I was busy working and lots and lots of packing!

It was stressful but it was going to be so worth it. Truvani was going to have their first booth at this major trade show. 

But on Monday night right as I finished putting all the last minute things in my bag, I got a text.

The trip was cancelled because of the global health emergency going on right now. 

When I told my daughter we weren't going to California - she looked at me and almost cried. And I did too.

Health scares always make me think about my overall health and mortality. And it reminds me of why I got into eating better in the first place. 

It all started with a hospital trip. Even though it was for something that was completely out of my control, it made me realize that I was ignoring my overall health.

Then, everything changed.

I started blogging about food and ingredients on Food Babe. I also launched my company Truvani, where I sell remarkable supplements. 

And given this entire situation, I thought I would share some of the things I currently do each day to support my health. 

  1. Washing my hands every chance I get with basic natural soap (not Clorox wipes) 
  2. Getting movement everyday, even if it's just a walk to the playground
  3. Sleeping for at least 8 hours each night by not staying up late surfing and reading all the bad news!
  4. Eating lots of fruits and vegetables - I love eating golden berries (full of Vitamin C) instead of sugar-filled snacks to curb my sweet tooth.
  5. Taking my immune-support supplements religiously (like Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Under The Weather which has Elderberry).

We are also running a sale on some of our newest products, specifically Under The Weather, Vitamin C, and Vitamin D. 

Save up to 25% On These Truvani Products

I love taking these - not only because they are organic and the best in class - but because they give me peace of mind that I am doing everything I can. 

Here's to staying sane and healthy in this trying time. 

Xo,

Vani 

 


P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, you can update your preferences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment