Thursday, September 14, 2017

Have you found your calling yet?

A few short years ago, I NEVER would have guessed that I'd be in the position I am today. Together, we have created a massive community that not only cares about their own health, but also wants to create a safer, more sustainable food system for everyone. It's crazy to think that someone like me who had no experience with social platforms now has over a million followers on social media and a #1 bestselling book - but it can all happen when you hit a nerve and share your passion with the world.

What is your passion? What do you love to do? Are you working in a job that allows you to do what you're passionate about? What's the one thing that would make you happily jump out of bed on Monday morning? Share it with me here or respond to this email. I'd love to hear from you!

I wasn't always living the life of my dreams, but there was one moment that sparked me into living my passion and I've never looked back. Let me tell you a story that not many people have heard…

Four years ago I was standing at the top of Machu Picchu taking in the beautiful landscape. As I stood there with my husband, I had a gut feeling that something big was about to happen and it was time for me to make a decision...

At the time I was working in the corporate world. I was climbing the corporate ladder and doing all the "right" things in my career, yet I wasn't truly happy. So, I started to live a double life. During the day I worked hard at my "real job" and when I got home from work I dove into writing as the Food Babe.

For a couple of years I wrote undercover, never using my real name on the blog and rarely posting a picture of myself. I had to keep appearances up at work, but my coworkers started to catch on. I went from eating the unhealthy processed meals that were catered at work to bringing in my own homemade lunches. More and more of my co-workers began to ask me about the green smoothie they often saw me drinking.

I loved teaching people what I was learning about health and food and how to feel vibrant. My friends and family saw the way my own health was transforming and they wanted to know more about what I was doing. I wanted to help them - and everyone I could. I realized I couldn't keep living a double life anymore.

So, while at the top of Machu Picchu I knew I had two options: Option one was to stay put at my corporate job with all of the security it provided - including benefits like health care, a 401k and a steady paycheck. Option two was to make teaching people about health and writing on FoodBabe.com my full time job.

There were big risks in leaving my salaried job to work full time on my blog - which at that point was bringing in zero income. Although the prospect of walking away from my corporate job felt risky, what felt even more risky was missing my true calling in life because I was too scared to take the leap. I knew it was time. On the top of the mountain I turned to my husband and told him I was going to make FoodBabe.com my full time job. He sweetly replied, "What have you been waiting for?"

Those words helped to change my life forever.

I wanted to send you this email today because I know many of you are feeling called to make big changes in your own life. Whether it's in your career, your health, or your home let me be one of the voices in your life that says: Trust it. You've got this.

There is power and support in community. Come on over to Facebook and share what you feel calling you. I can't wait to see what you have to say! I hope this inspires you to live the life of your dreams, whatever that may be.

For those of you who, like me, know your true calling is to work in educating and inspiring people to achieve their greatest health, be on the lookout for an email from me on this subject next week. My partner, The Institute of Integrative Nutrition, has an amazing online health coaching certification program. If you want to learn more about them now, sign up for a free sample class.

Xo,

Vani

 

 



P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, you can update your preferences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment