Wednesday, February 24, 2016

3 pounds per week? Say Whaaaaat?

There is one ingredient that has been brought up to me many times that I haven't spent a lot of time covering, but given the state we are in with so many food industry deceptions happening, I needed to do more than just write an article about it. This ingredient is considered "natural" too.

So I sat down with my team and we talked a lot about how to solve this issue. We've spent the last few months working on something I am going to reveal next week - that I know many of you are going to want to be a part of.

I read your comments and emails to me every day and listen to the problems you're having trying to break away from the processed food industry - and the NUMBER ONE issue you've expressed to me is your struggle to tame cravings and avoid SUGAR.

I'm human, just like you, and I love sweets! For most of my life, I was addicted to sugar. As a result, my health suffered a lot too. My teeth were awful, my skin was a mess, my body was inflamed, my energy was low and I was overweight.

Everyone knows it's healthier to eat vegetables than a box of cookies, but it's pretty much impossible to stick to eating healthy whole foods all of the time. We all rely on restaurant food and packaged processed food - especially, when we are traveling, at the office or are super busy - it's inevitable!

So, even if you are eating an organic diet, you could still be sabotaged by sugar every day if you're not careful about the foods you choose. That's because even foods that you think have zero sugar added to them (like yogurt, salad dressings, a can of vegetable soup or tomato sauce) can be loaded up with added refined sugars.

Discussing this reality with my team, left a lasting impact on me. I spent the last few months monitoring how much sugar I was actually eating and I was even shocked at how much sugar is hidden in everyday foods. I honestly couldn't believe it and it freaked me out considering how careful I choose my foods.

It's so bad, that experts say the average American eats 3 pounds of sugar every week! There is definitely a problem here, and the food industry is just perpetuating the problem.

Sugar is the most prevalent food additive - it's found in about 80% of food at the grocery store! Insane, right?

The industry adds sugar to their foods because they know it's addicting and it's a cheap and easy way for them to hook us on their products. And are we ever!

A 2007 study found sugar more addictive than cocaine…

No wonder the food industry loves to add sugar to everything.

Study after study is coming out that shows how toxic sugar is to the body and how it leads to a myriad of diseases - heart disease, type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer's, liver disease, and more. It has become clearer than ever that sugar is an enemy that prevents us from achieving optimal health and the fit bodies we want.

If you care seriously about your health, it's time to put on the brakes and focus on how much sugar you are really eating. When you do, I think you'll be surprised! I know I was.

We have something BIG coming that I'm really excited about - a plan that will help us deal with all of this sugar in our lives. We're just finalizing the details on it and can't wait to share it with you.

If your friends and families are struggling with sugar too (I mean, who isn't?!?) please share this email with them and ask them to subscribe to this newsletter here.

Reply to this email and tell me what obstacles keep you from ditching refined sugar. Have you tried it? Is this something you've ever considered? I want to hear your stories!

We are going to do this together, it's going to be so fun and I am positive it can change your life forever! Stay tuned.

Xo,

Vani

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment