Thursday, July 2, 2020

This is kind of embarrassing

This might surprise you. When I first started eating healthy I kept a giant container of Crisco Shortening in my kitchen cabinet for a very, very long time. 

I remember seeing the Crisco from time to time - and I'm not sure what motivated me to keep it - but at the time I felt like it would be wasteful to throw it out. 

And then I realized…

It's not real food. It's toxic. It causes death. (trans fatty oils are linked to so many deaths per year!)

So why keep it?

That's when I promptly got rid of that can of Crisco and never looked back. And, I didn't stop there. My kitchen still had stuff like this in it: 

  • Heinz Ketchup sweetened with high fructose corn syrup
  • Irradiated spices contaminated with pesticides
  • PAM cooking spray full of heart-wrecking canola oil and "silly putty"
  • Pickles artificially dyed with yellow #5 made from petroleum
  • Baking powder with aluminum

I did a big sweep and got rid of it all… and replaced everything with safe alternatives. Since doing this, I've never felt better! It's so much easier to eat healthfully when your cabinets are not full of toxic junk. 

Perhaps you still have processed junk clogging up your cabinets? Well, I hope to motivate you to clean it out! Especially since we are all spending more time in our kitchens than ever during this time, it is critical that we focus on providing the best food for ourselves and our families. 

In my cookbook, Food Babe Kitchen, I give you all my tips for setting up a healthy kitchen. Since the book doesn't come out until October and I don't want you to have to wait… I put together a list of every healthy food brand that I buy and stock in my kitchen - and I'll give it to you RIGHT NOW. 

Follow these steps to get your copy of my Pantry List:

(And if you've already pre-ordered my cookbook, you can skip to step 2 and get your bonus!)

I hope you are excited to set up your Food Babe Kitchen! If you have any questions, feel free to respond to this email. There are more bonus goodies to come if you order your book early, so stay tuned for details! 

Xo,

Vani


P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, you can update your preferences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment