Tuesday, May 30, 2017

My favorite sunscreens at 20% off :)

It's almost summer, can you believe it? I love this time of year and spending time at the beach! However, I struggled for years to find a sunscreen that didn't make me break out in a rash and that wasn't full of chemicals quietly harming my health. The skin is one of the most under-appreciated organs, and one that I used to totally take for granted, slathering products full of toxic chemicals on it day after day.

If you're worried about the chemicals in your food, the skincare and cosmetics industry is even worse. When it comes to the things we put on our skin - like sunscreen - you've really got to be your own advocate. Here in the United States, the FDA does not regulate skincare products as rigorously as pharmaceuticals or food – allowing companies to get away with using all types of potentially harmful ingredients that are not used and in some cases are banned in other countries. Sound familiar?

The popular sunscreen brands like Banana Boat, Coppertone, Bull Frog, Neutrogena, store brands (CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens), Hawaiian Tropic, and especially sunscreen sprays are rated the worst in terms of safety by the respected Environmental Working Group (EWG) because their products contain some crazy chemicals that can be absorbed into your bloodstream and cause issues with your health.

I've tried A LOT of different sunscreens over the years, looking for the safest brands that actually work, and found a couple brands that I really love (and both rated "1" in terms of excellent safety by EWG). My team has partnered with two amazing companies and worked out some special deals for you to stock up on these safe sunscreens for the summer months!

  • Thinksport – This is one of the safest brands out there that is great for athletes or anyone who spends a lot of time in the sun. It absorbs easily and stays put. They also have formulas especially for children and babies - including a really easy to use stick that I used for myself recently! I used the baby version in case anything got on my newborn while carrying her. Get 20% off with the code FOODBABE at checkout.

  • Raw Elements – Their sunscreen provides amazing coverage when I'm out in the sun and you can even apply it while you are in the water! I love to snorkel and scuba dive, so I need to have good protection in the water – this stuff stays on, which is a blessing! Also - I love their new plastic free containers for their face products. (You've got to try the tinted stick for your face - especially if you don't like that white pasty look – it's awesome!) Get 20% off with the code FOODBABE at checkout.

Some of the proceeds from your purchase go to supporting everything we do here at Food Babe - so thank you! If you know someone that might still be buying sunscreen with shady ingredients, please share this email with them, you could have a serious impact on their livelihood!

Thank you for spreading the word to the ones you love.

Xo,

Vani
 
 


P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, you can update your preferences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment