Tuesday, December 27, 2016

$20 in organic food? Yes, please!

Hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend! There is nothing worse than being hungry after a big weekend of eating treats and opening up my pantry only to find it empty! Having a kitchen stocked up with all the right essentials is key to sticking to a healthy diet, so I do everything I can to make sure that I'm prepared by keeping my favorite staples on hand. But it can be tough during the holiday season when you are focused on so many other things!

That's one of the reasons I partnered with Thrive Market - an online shop that has organic groceries at a fraction of the price found at other stores. Their website allows me to quickly stock up on the grocery staples I love at drastically reduced prices (up to 25-50% off) with free shipping when I spend over $49. Even for someone like me, that lives in close proximity to several natural food stores, the convenience of having organic food delivered straight to my house makes me so happy - especially since it's way cheaper too!

Here are some of my favorite staples I get from Thrive Market (plus many more here)... 

  1. Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper - I use this organic cayenne pepper every morning for my daily lemon water habit. Cayenne is a little powerhouse that can boost metabolism, fight food cravings, and enhance blood circulation. It's vital to only use organic spices like this, to avoid those that have been treated with chemicals and are irradiated. All of the processing that non-organic spices go through diminishes their health benefits!

  1. Yellow Barn Pasta Sauce - I like to serve this over spaghetti squash or organic pasta. These sauces taste like homemade - plus they're organic, biodynamic and taste so good you could eat right out of the jar with the spoon!

  1. Tolerant Lentil Pasta - This tastes like pasta, but instead of using heavily processed flours, it's made entirely out of organic lentils and peas. It goes great with Yellow Barn's pasta sauce! This pasta is extremely high in protein and fiber and is super filling - so it's perfect for a meatless meal. Tolerant pastas can be a bit spendy in stores, but Thrive Market has an amazing price on these! 

  1. Kale Chips - It's no secret that I love kale, but even if you aren't a fan of kale these might change your mind! They make a fun and crunchy snack that is a much healthier alternative to fried chips. They're made with whole food ingredients and these kale chips are also dairy-free but taste cheesy! They come in little bags that are great for traveling or bringing to the office.

  1. Organic Nuts - It's straight-up shocking what some brands add to nuts... like hidden MSG, GMO oils, and preservatives. Nuts are healthy, but not when they are loaded up with ingredients like that! That's why I buy just plain organic nuts - usually raw and always without any preservatives or other nasty additives. I like to add these to oatmeal, make homemade nut milk, or just have them handy for a quick snack! It can be hard to find good quality organic nuts in some stores (especially organic pistachios and pecans!) and Thrive Market has a big selection that is super affordable (one 16 oz  bag will last a long time!)

Pick these favorites up at Thrive Market and see the rest of my favorite pantry staples here!

If you've never shopped at Thrive Market before, they'll give you $20 off your first order of $40 or more - and that's on top of their already awesome prices! No code needed to get $20 off, just go to this link and the coupon will automatically be applied once you've added $40 to your cart.

They'll also give you your first month free so you can try it out and see if you love it as much as I do. The way Thrive Market works is similar to Costco because you need to join to shop, but their membership fee is really reasonable (works out to about $5 month, for which you will be charged annually after your one month trial membership). This increases their buying power, and that is how they can offer these discounted prices. For every paid membership, they give a free membership to a low-income family - which is another reason that I love partnering with companies like this!

If someone just handed me a $20 coupon for Whole Foods I would immediately run to the store and stock up! Wouldn't you?

Use your $20 off Thrive Market coupon here ($40 minimum purchase required)

When it comes to buying organic food, Thrive Market has really become a lifesaver for me. I hope it helps you buy all of the organic goodies that you need to stock up your kitchen with the healthiest foods at a reasonable price. As Thrive Market is a partner of ours, your purchase also supports the work we do here at Food Babe, so thank you!

If any of your friends or family live far away from natural food stores, complain about organic food prices or just need to save time and money, please forward this email to them.

Xo,

Vani

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, you can update your preferences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment