Wednesday, February 7, 2024

The big day is next week - are you ready?

Valentine's Day has always been one of my favorite holidays. I love seeing all the hearts everywhere and it brings back childhood memories of making cute little valentines for all my friends, and of course, all that candy!

One thing that BREAKS MY HEART though is all the candy made for our children filled with ARTIFICIAL COLORS, like Red 40 and Blue 1. 

Artificial Colors are one of the "Terrible 10" ingredients in children's food from my book, Food Babe Family. That's because these dyes are derived from petroleum and linked to several health issues, including allergies and hyperactivity in children, which requires a warning label in Europe.

Most Valentine's candy is also filled with even more artificial ingredients and controversial preservatives like BHT, linked to cancer. 

It's crazy what they are putting in treats for kids! 

Of course, candy isn't supposed to be healthy, but you don't need to poison yourself (and your kids) just to have fun and celebrate a holiday. 

If you have a copy of Food Babe Family, turn to pages 76-77 to review the "Holiday Candy Ingredient Hit List" and "Holiday Candy Swaps", which will show you how to celebrate without the toxic stuff. 

But if you don't have the book yet, let me give you my favorite candy swaps for Valentine's Day below!

I'm going to preface this by saying that these treats are BETTER, but they are still candy. Some of them contain natural flavors and refined sugar, which I am not a fan of at all… but I would  much rather my children eat a few of these candies than Skittles or Nerd's candy filled with the absolute worst artificial ingredients. 

Of course, you can always celebrate without candy too! My kids love stickers, glow sticks, and coloring books as well. 

You can find these candy swaps in natural food grocery stores or online:

I also hope you make some homemade sweet goodies for yourself or your Valentine! Here are some treats we love around here - and I'm sure your loved ones would LOVE them too:   

 

Since it's almost Valentine's Day, I want you to know how much you mean to me and to all of us here at Food Babe. We truly love you so much for being on our team and helping us change the food system. 

If you know anyone who needs to get on board, please forward this email to them and ask them to subscribe here. We have some big things in the works for this year, and need all hands on deck!

From my family to yours, Happy Valentine's Day!

Xo,

Vani

 

P.S. I'm so happy to report that Amazon has kept the price of Food Babe Family at only $15 (which is 50% OFF). I don't know when the price will go up, but if you want a copy, now is the best time to get one. 

 

***If someone forwarded this email to you, make sure to subscribe to my free email newsletter here. I'll send you updates, life-changing health tips, recipes, and breaking investigations each week***

 

Food Babe Family - Order Now


Food Babe

P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

Unsubscribe or Manage Preferences | Privacy Policy



If you no longer wish to receive these emails, click on the following link: Unsubscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment