Thursday, January 26, 2017

I am taking my own medicine.

I can't express how thankful I am for all of your well wishes on the birth of my baby girl. Those of you who have taken the time to send me a note, I want you to know that I read them all and appreciate you so much - so, thank you. You truly are an amazing community! Little Harley has been sleeping, breastfeeding well, and we're getting into a routine and cherishing every minute.

As I sit here at home hanging out with my beautiful newborn, I am so excited to start feeling like my old self again. I'm sure all you other mamas out there can relate! Being pregnant and giving birth is NO JOKE and takes a serious toll on the body. While I know it will take time, I also know that I'll get there.

One of the things that I'm really looking forward to is fitting back into all of the clothes sitting in my closet - but I have about 10-15 more pounds to lose to get there. For me, losing the extra weight after having the baby isn't about aesthetics - but rather about feeling good about myself and comfortable in my own skin - (and I don't want to buy a whole new wardrobe either!)

To get back in shape, the first thing I'm doing is staying away from sugar.

Just doing this ONE THING has helped me slim down in the past and so I know it works. Like I said, getting back to my old self isn't so much about losing weight to me - and that is just part of the picture. When I don't eat sugar I feel healthy and energetic, and that is what I'm striving for. Staying away from sugar also keeps my skin clear, makes me feel happier, and I stay off of the stress rollercoaster. During my pregnancy, I definitely let myself indulge a little more than normal… but now it's time to rein it in!

To make it easy on myself, I'm going to be doing my proven system, the Food Babe 7-Day Sugar Detox Program .

This is the perfect time for me to follow this program, because I want to spend every precious second with my baby and don't want to do anything complicated. I'll be making all the delicious sugar-free recipes, using the shopping list and meal schedule that's already been done for me, and reminding myself to use all of the tried-and-true strategies that are included in this program to zap away cravings for sugar.

In case you are wondering, the human body has no need for refined sugars - and that goes for breastfeeding mamas too! Your body does not need white sugar, brown sugar, or high fructose corn syrup - in fact, your body thrives without those things. Instead of sugar, I'll be eating lots of good fats, beans, nuts and seeds, along with some high quality meat and seafood - everything that my body needs, even during breastfeeding.

I plan on starting my 7-Day Sugar Detox soon and I want you to join me. If you sign up here by next Tuesday (January 31st), you can get the entire program at a giant discount (over 50% off!). This discount expires at midnight on 1/31/17.

I'll be in the private Sugar Detox forum checking in with you guys - and cheering you on (I hope you'll cheer me on too!). All of you in the program are motivating me too, and I want you to know that!

Here's what you get instantly when you sign up:

  • Quick Start Guide - I'll show you how to avoid hidden sugar traps and move forward to a healthy relationship with your body and food cravings. You'll learn the facts about what sugar does to the body and why this detox is so life-changing.

  • 7-Day Sugar Detox Plan - This will break down exactly how you are going to be eating, strategies to reduce your sugar cravings, and where to spot all the hidden sugars that might be lurking in your pantry!
  • Two 7-Day Sugar Detox Recipe Guides & Meal Plans- You'll get two sets of Sugar Detox recipes for 7 days, including a shopping list and meal schedule. Whether you are vegan, gluten-free, paleo, vegetarian or a meat eater, I've got you covered. Delicious real-food breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack recipes that are free of grains and refined sugar.
  • Success Journal - The ultimate tool to keep yourself on track.
  • Sugar Detox Videos - I personally walk you through the program, give you advice for when nighttime sugar cravings hit, and provide info on healthier sugar swaps to make your detox a piece of cake!
  • Access To Private Sugar Detox Forum - Interact with other people on the 7 Day Detox plan just like you. This is a place where we can support and cheer each other on! I've found that having a community to back you up and help hold you accountable is so valuable to achieving success. I also love that this is a place where we can privately share our experiences without judgement - since a lot of us are all facing the same type of struggles!
  • Maintaining Your Success After The Sugar Detox Guide - Everything you'll need to know to carefully adjust your body back to a regular diet and learn the healthiest way to still enjoy sweets. This guide includes more recipes too!

You'll have access to all of these materials for life, so you can start your detox whenever it is convenient for you. Go to foodbabe.com/sugardetox to sign up before the discount expires on January 31st!

See you there!

Xo,

Vani



P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, you can update your preferences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment