Wednesday, January 11, 2017

How to eat more raw greens when it's so cold outside!

If you've read my book The Food Babe Way, you'd know that eating raw foods like leafy green salads and veggie sticks are one of the habits that I live by. Once I started eating this way, I was no longer a prisoner to sweet cravings - those vanished, along with ravenous afternoon hunger.

I craved vegetables instead. I couldn't get enough broccoli, spinach, kale, carrots, and fresh salads. I wanted green juice all the time. I dreamt of apples. My whole body was smiling. And I know that raw foods have been another factor in stabilizing my weight, leaving me with no need to rigidly diet.

In the winter, I tend to eat more cooked foods than I do in the spring or summer. It's only natural in the winter to crave warmer and heavier foods - like soups, cooked grains, warming spices like ginger, and cooked root vegetables like sweet potatoes and beets. Your body is trying to keep warm, so don't fight against it! It's best to eat with the seasons so that you are working with your body and giving it what it needs throughout the year.

As it has been getting kinda cold around here, I'm still jonesing for lots of greens during the day, but want something warm and comforting at the same time. That's why I combine hot and cold foods! I'll usually do this by combining something raw (like leafy greens) with something cooked at every meal. I love eating this way because you get a mega-dose of nutrition from raw, organic food, and you still get to enjoy warm cooked foods throughout the day. For instance, if you're having a big raw salad for lunch, top it with cooked lentils and finish it off with a cup of warm ginger tea.

I thought I would share with you some of my favorite warm but detoxing salads that are perfect for those of you that don't feel like eating a cold salad in the winter! These salads will help you stay warm (and healthy!) this winter season:

As a reminder, I have opened up my impactful and effective 7-Day Sugar Detox Program at a special discounted price during the month of January ONLY and invite you to join us here.

This program is a great way to begin to eliminate problematic foods from your diet without drastically slashing calories or having a long list of foods to avoid taped to your refrigerator. That is never fun!

We all want to find a balance between feeling our best, finding our ideal weight and eating a diet that we can live with. One that doesn't rob us of a guilty pleasure here and there or cut out so many foods that it leaves you wondering if there is anything left that you CAN eat! With this program I provide you with a simple plan to follow so that you can start feeling your best and see how even small changes can create big results (like these)!

Join the Food Babe 7-Day Sugar Detox Program at a special January-only price here.

I hope to see you in the program and stay warm out there!

Xo,

Vani



P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, you can update your preferences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment