Friday, October 9, 2015

My huge mistake.

When I was in India last week speaking and visiting farms across the country every meal I ate was full of plant-based foods and medicinal spices – I ate soooo much delicious and nutritious food – it was incredible! But, when I was a child I had no interest in eating the Indian food that my Mom cooked every day. It was nothing like what the other kids at my school were eating (and it looked and smelled funny).

I now know that was a big mistake.

In this super-processed world we live in - our bodies get inflamed from eating processed food, refined sugar, processed vegetable oils, MSG, and all of the synthetic chemicals that have invaded our environment.

Indian food is exceptionally healthy and packed with nutrients that fight this chronic inflammation that can lead to obesity and diseases like cancer. One of these spices has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic and Traditional Chinese Medicine because it's very effective - and I try to add it to my diet every day and it's in almost every Indian meal!

This amazing spice is turmeric.

Scientists believe that one of the reasons why turmeric works is because it contains curcumin - which can protect against liver damage, cancer, and Alzheimer's disease. It's also a powerful pain fighter! I used turmeric to heal the pain of a tailbone injury that I sustained a few years ago, and have never had to reach for an Advil bottle again.

Most spices that you find in stores are irradiated, grown with conventional pesticides, and not organic, which minimizes their medicinal qualities. So, if you want to experience the benefits of turmeric you need to buy high quality organic turmeric from a company that you trust!

I recently started using sun-dried organic turmeric from a company that I've been a fan of for a long time because they make the most amazing cinnamon. If you've been following me on for a while, you've probably heard me mention this brand before… Red Ape Cinnamon.

Although Red Ape's cinnamon is the bomb, their new turmeric is my favorite new spice in my cabinet!

Instead of oven-drying their turmeric (which destroys some of the vital oils and curcumin), Red Ape's turmeric is sun-dried, never heated above 118 degrees, and ground slowly, which leaves more natural oils and curcumin in the final product. And - it's certified organic.

Because Red Ape Cinnamon is one of my favorite spice companies and a partner, they've worked out a special deal just for you!

You can get 15% off your entire Red Ape purchase including their new turmeric.

But you have to use this code at checkout to get the discount: FOODBABE

Another thing I really love about the Red Ape brand is that they donate 5% of their profits to organizations that protect orangutans and their products are hand-packaged by adults with developmental disabilities at the Pearl Buck Center. One of my favorite things about being an author is partnering with brands that are changing our lives for the better and doing their part to make the world a better place!

Get your turmeric for a surprisingly affordable price here (and in a super cute bottle) – please remember to add code: FOODBABE at checkout for 15%. This offer is good until Monday, October 11th.

If you decide to try Red Ape's products, thank you for supporting this incredible company and us here at FoodBabe.com – we truly appreciate you.

Xo,

Vani

P.S. This offer ends on Monday, so consider forwarding this email and special deal to your friends and family that might benefit from using turmeric and save them from using irradiated spices that have been sprayed with pesticides!  

P.P.S. Once you have your turmeric, here are my 15 favorite ways to use it!

 

"The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison." - Ann Wigmore

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment