Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Check out what this brave mom did

I got the following email last week, and was so blown away by this mother's activism in working to change the food in her daughter's school:

"Hello, Vani! I have been enthusiastically following you for some time now. My two daughters absolutely love your mom's dal recipe – I make it regularly for them and we inhale it! I was very much inspired by your advocacy around the awful school lunches served to kids. I wanted to let you know that I recently spoke to my local school board about the deplorable items on the menus. My words generated a lot of buzz and they are now looking to improve these menus!" 

– Amanda A.

There's nothing I love more than watching people use their voices to improve our food, especially the food they are serving our kids in schools! 

Most schools are serving Kellogg's Froot Loops full of artificial dyes and sugars, re-heated processed meals laden with refined vegetable oils and refined flours, "reduced fat" Doritos, and even pizza like Domino's made with awful ingredients. It's despicable. 

WATCH NOW: Brave mother calls out school district for serving junk food to kids

This is how we do it! This is how we create real change for our kids and our families!

Please share this inspiring video with all the parents you know.

Thank you to all of you who are making your voices heard! You are inspiring me to keep going. 

Xo,

Vani

 

P.S. We reached over 100,000 signatures on our Kellogg's petition! You know what that means? It means I'm planning a trip to deliver our petition signatures to Kellogg's headquarters very soon and I want you to come with me. I'm sending a letter to Kellogg's CEO this week to get the ball rolling. If you want to come and help - please reply to this email. 

 

***If someone forwarded this email to you, make sure to subscribe to my free email newsletter here. I'll send you updates, life-changing health tips, recipes, and breaking investigations each week***

Food Babe Family - Order Now


Food Babe

P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

Unsubscribe or Manage Preferences | Privacy Policy



If you no longer wish to receive these emails, click on the following link: Unsubscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment